Frequently Asked Questions
The Care You Need
Whether you are looking for some help around the house, want some companionship, or require 24/7 in-home support, it is important to find a caregiver you can trust. The team at Limestone City Home Health Care Services in Kingston are dedicated to providing a high level of care and want to help you in choosing the right care for yourself or for a loved one.
Below are some tips when deciding on the right home care.
- Do your research – most important.
- Meet with the owners – the owners are the face of the company and their company is based on their beliefs and visions.
- Call current/past clients – they will share their experiences.
- Ensure you are part of the health care team, your opinion and suggestions are a vital part of coming up with a well-structured care plan.
- Keep open communication – request monthly updates and reports to keep you up to date with progression and current concerns.
- Ensure the agency is covered by WSIB.
- Ensure caregivers and times selected are consistent. This allows for trusting relationships and the feeling of security and safety.
- When dealing with a 24-hour agency, enquire on who you would reach if calling after hours. It’s also comforting to know you are talking to someone who is familiar with you or your loved one and who understands their needs
- Ensure you feel comfortable with your initial conversation/meeting. First impressions go a long way.
- Are there a minimum number of hours for service? If service is required for a duty that would require an hour, you shouldn’t have to pay for a 2-hour visit
- Look for an agency that can be flexible and will work around your schedule
- Take note on the length of time it takes the agency to return your call and how quickly they can get services started.
- Beware of lengthy contracts – ensure your services can be altered/cancelled at any time without penalty.
- If able, visit the office – organization and cleanliness speak volumes about the way an organization is run.
Q- Why homecare?
A- There comes a time when we become unable to perform activities of daily living and the thoughts of moving to a Retirement or Nursing home enter our minds. Home is where our memories are built and it is where we feel most comfortable and safe. With a little extra help, remaining at home safely can become a reality by offering: assistance in maintaining independence, ensuring nutritious home-made meals, transportation to medical appointments/errands, household maintenance, personal hygiene, avoiding loneliness.
Q- What age group do you service?
A- Our services are available to all ages – anyone who requires assistance.
Q- Are there any assistive programs to help cover the cost?
A- Yes, depending on the circumstances, health concerns and age – some or all of the costs may be covered.
Q- What is the screening process for your caregivers?
A- All caregivers undergo a thorough interview and must meet our highest standards in presentation, experience, knowledge and professionalism. All caregivers require an up-to-date criminal record check, valid CPR/First Aid, TB testing and yearly flu shots.
Q- Will I have a consistent caregiver and consistent days and times?
A- Yes, consistency is our main goal as we feel it is so important to build a strong, trusting relationship between client and caregiver. Home care is to provide a sense of comfort and safety and there is no better way to achieve this than having the same caregiver where the client does not need to explain all the details over and over again to someone new and appointments can be made around regular scheduled visits without the worry. Once a good rapport is built between client and caregiver a backup caregiver will be introduced in case the primary caregiver becomes ill.
Q- Is there a waiting list?
A- No, we are able to start services very quickly – when you require the services, we will do our best to make it happen.
Q- Do you have an after hours telephone number or answering service?
A- Yes, we are available 24 hours a day, 7-days a week. We can be reached on our daytime office line and you will always reach a live/local person when calling – no matter what the time.
Q- Do you only provide services in-home
A- We provide services in home, as well as in nursing homes, retirement homes and in hospitals.
Q- Do you provide updates for families?
A- Yes, we provide regular monthly updates to families via email, keeping families in the loop with health status and visits. We feel it is important to remain actively involved with both clients and their families, as we are all part of the health care team.
Q- Is there a charge for the initial in-home consultation?
A- No, we provide a free in-home consultation and assessment. Depending on your preference, we can either come to your home or you can come to our office – whichever works best for you.
Q- Do you have a minimum number of hours for service?
A- No, we do not have a minimum number of hours for service – we work around your needs and amount of time required to fulfill those needs.
Contact Limestone City Home Health Care Services
We look forward to caring for you. To schedule a free no obligation in-home consultation, contact us today.
I spend so much time alone that when my caregiver is here I feel as though I’m being cared for yet having a friend visit at the same time. I would most definitely recommend Limestone City Home Health Care to my friends and family as I have had such a wonderful experience with them. -BT
I had pretty much given up trying to use a private agency because there was no consistency. I also don’t like that their was always a minimum time that we had to book support staff – that is not always required, necessary or even financially what is best for the client. Limestone City Home Health Care is different in all ways than other home care agencies. They are a local client focused company and I am very happy that we gave them a try. We will definitely continue to use them. -NW
Thank you for amazing service. -KP
Mom is very happy with the care you have provided her with. All of the caregivers are great. Caregivers take the time and do not rush mom. I have recommended Limestone City Home Health Care to many people. -JK
As a family member of a client we had to choose extra care for my mother. We feel comfort knowing she is in such caring hands. My mother was a proud person all her life and her caregiver from Limestone City Home Health Care continues to assure us her dignity is maintained. We are so thankful. Caregiver seems well suited to the task at hand and smiles through her work. When dealing with office staff family feel immediately assured that our concerns were understood. -GC
Thank you for all your hard work, you are a godsend. -MT